Free Counters

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Outpatients / Knee Operation Progress...

Been to outpatients today...saw my surgeon who looked at my knee and got my bandages taken off...he tried to get me to bend my knee and test range of movement! He also manipulated my knee cap and said that it is now in a much more secure position, less likely to dislocate now...:0)

I am off to physio on Tuesday and then have to go back and see my surgeon one last time at the beginning of July...my surgeon advised another 2 weeks off work or at least to wait until I am a bit steadier on my feet. Hoping the physio can give me some time frames when I'll be out of my brace and off my crutches! My brace is now on 0-90 instead of 0-60 which means I can bend my knee further now, everything is just very tight that's all...my Mum has been through knee operations before so keeps getting me to lift my knee and bend it...

Here's a couple of photos of my knee for anyone interested:
The stitches are dissolvable so should be gone once I have a bath or shower  after 2 weeks of not being able to wash properly I am looking forward to having a bath later maybe...
x

No comments: