Free Counters

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Knitting...2011

Making a baby blanket for my cousin's new baby...
Baby hasn't arrived as yet and my cousin did not find out if it was going to be a boy or girl (she already has one of each)...
I am knitting squares in cream, pink and blue at the moment...using different types of stitch...I have 5 done already and I'll need 54 in total (to make a 6 by 9 blanket) plus a crocheted border...
^^^ Wool colours...
^^^ 3 plain knitted squares...
^^^ 2 knit on one row, pearl on the next...
(bit curly at the edges but will be okay when stitched together in a blanket!)
^^^ Basketweave squares...knit 4 stitches, pearl 4 to end - do 4 rows of this...
THEN once the 4 rows are done, knit where pearl stitches were before and pearl where knit stitches were...looks like a little checkerboard...the pink one was the 1st square that I knitted and I was just playing around, its a bit different from the cream one...

That's it so far...

No comments: